Ski Valet and Rental
Interested in being a part of our team?
Start Date: Immediate
- Create a positive guest experience and ensure a professional level of guest service.
- Follow Skye Niseko procedures, paperwork and safety instructions.
- Ensure a proper Ski/ Snowboard boot fitting.
- Recommend and set up Ski/Snowboard, according to guest's ability and preference.
- Ensure bindings are correctly set up.
- Explain to guest, safe operation and handling of the equipment.
- Provide resort information to the guests.
- Check returned rentals for damage.
- Ensure Ski Valet and Renal area is clean, and equipment properly stored.
- Maintain equipment inventory.
- Storing skis and snowboards at the designated ski racks when guests leave their equipment at the valet.
- Storing boots at the designated boot racks when guest leaves their boots at the valet.
- Retrieving skis, snowboards and boots when guests pick up their items at the valet.
- Ensuring guests' belongings are kept safe.
- Ensuring guests' belongings are handled with care.
- Assist with other departments and duties as requested.
Below are some of the things that we would find desirable in your application, though if none of this applies to you, you might still be the right person for us!
- Experience in Ski/Snowboard rental and tech..
- Valid driving licence
- Professional, courteous and friendly manner
- Natural team-leader with proven experience solving problems in a team environment
- Understanding of customer service requirements and provision of unforgettable experiences
- Ability to take part in the local community, be respected and trusted by community stakeholders
- High levels of attention to detail and the ability to organise work to achieve objectives and deadlines
- Experience of ski / winter resorts
- English or Japanese fluency
- Immediate to 8 April 2019, with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent.
- Around 40 hours per week.
- Roster will be made based on hotel occupancy, and we may ask you to work more or less hours and days.
- ¥1,300 - 1,400 per hour.
- 25% overtime rate for over 80 hours worked in a 2 week pay period.
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Singles, twin shares (doubles for couples), triple to hexa shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Most companies will give their staff access to shared Grand Hirafu passes; these are usually kept at work so it may stop you getting first lifts on powder days. Shared passes also cannot be upgraded to All Mountain passes (unless everyone sharing the pass agrees to it). Working for Skye Niseko means your pass can live in your riding jacket and gives you the opportunity to pay the difference to upgrade to an All Mountain pass.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass you will be offered instead a payment of ¥20,000.
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
- Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Cost Price on Skye Niseko-delivered Services
- Please see our website for more details on what we book, but this could include things like snowmobiling, back country tours, transfers and car rental.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties, GoSnow lessons and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent).
Potential Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Skye Niseko will want you back and we would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).