Winter Season - Room Inspector
This position is now full for the 2019/20 season.
To register your interest in working with us in winter 2020/21 submit your email address below!
Start Date: Late November 2020
- Creating a daily cleaning shedule
- Inspecting rooms after cleaning
- Assistance to housekeepers in cleaning rooms and onsen area
- Supervision of personnel
- Experience as a Room Inspector or similar is a plus
- Passionate about hospitality service.
- Professional attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- Some Japanese required.
- November to April , with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent.
- Around 30 hours per week.
- Roster will be made based on hotel occupancy, and we may ask you to work more or less hours and days.
Pay Rate - based on winter 2019/20
- ¥1,400 - 1,500 per hour.
- 25% overtime rate for over 80 hours worked in a 2 week pay period.
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Singles, twin shares (doubles for couples), triple or quad shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Most companies will give their staff access to shared Grand Hirafu passes; these are usually kept at work so it may stop you getting first lifts on powder days. Shared passes also cannot be upgraded to All Mountain passes (unless everyone sharing the pass agrees to it). Working for Skye Niseko means your pass can live in your riding jacket and gives you the opportunity to pay the difference to upgrade to an All Mountain pass.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass you will be offered instead a payment of ¥20,000.
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
- Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Cost Price on Skye Niseko-delivered Services
- Please see our website for more details on what we book, but this could include things like snowmobiling, back country tours, transfers and car rental.
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent).
Incentives for Concierge Sales
- Those roles more involved in selling (e.g. Concierge) will have more opportunity to gain incentives.
Potential Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Skye Niseko will want you back and we would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties, GoSnow lessons and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!