Terms and Conditions
Rentals are only available for guests staying in Skye Niseko during their stay in Skye Niseko. Pre-booking is available 2 days before your arrival.
All equipment for Skye Niseko Rental is supplied by YamaSport.
Guests may only store their own ski and snowboard equipment in the Ski Valet for the duration of their stay at Skye Niseko.
Early Bird Discount only applies for bookings made in full by 31 July 2023.
Any later changes or additions to Early Bird booking after 31 July will be done at the 10% discount rate.
Early bird 20% and Pre-Booking offer 10% only applicable for Skye Niseko guest.
Booking must be made through Skye Niseko Concierge to enjoy this privillage.
Loss and Damage
Rental rates include repair of normal wear and tear to the equipment.
Normal wear and tear includes moderate damage that is repairable by base grind, base fill (maximum of 3), edge grind and/or wax.
If misuse or an accident causes repairable damage such as:
- Base damage requiring more than 3 base fills
- Cracked top sheet
- Broken or bent equipment
- Edge detachment
- Sidewall Damage
- Core Damage
If misuse or accidental damage causes damage which is not effectively repairable OR equipment is lost or stolen then the 14 day rental rate of that equipment item is payable.
Refunds and Cancellations
Cancellations are possible up to the start of the rental with a full credit.
Refunds cannot be provided due to weather conditions, lift closures or other events beyond our control.
Kids products and prices are for equipment used by children 15 years and under.
Equipment can be picked up after 3.00pm check-in the day before the rental period starts.
Equipment can be returned uptill 11:00am the day after rental finishes without any extra charges. This applies to all guests who are eligible for late-check out as well. If there is a delay in returning, the extra charge may occur.
Equipment may be exchanged for alternative equipment of the same grade (either standard or premium), this includes exchanging between ski and snowboard equipment of the same grade.
Your credit card details that are held by Skye Niseko for security against your accommodation reservation will also be used as security deposit on your rentals until the equipment is returned.
Liability Waiver, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity
Skiing and snowboarding are outdoor activities which can result in serious injury and death. We strongly advise that you and all the people you are hiring equipment for have comprehensive insurance which covers you for Snowsports activities both in-resort and out of the main resort areas.
By accepting the rental equipment, you agree:
- That you and the people you are hiring equipment for understand these terms and conditions.
- That you and the people you are hiring equipment for understand and accept that the ski or snowboard boot-binding system of any equipment rented has been adjusted and set based on the information provided by the you and the other hirers to us and that the information is accurate and correct.
- That you and the people you are hiring equipment for understand and accept the inherent risk that the ski or snowboard-binding system equipment will not release at all times or under all conditions or in all circumstances, nor is it possible to predict every situation in which it will release, and that Skye Niseko, YamaSport, their employees, affiliates or agents provide no guarantee of the safety of the users of the equipment or any 3rd party.
- That you and the people you are hiring equipment for understand that snow sports (skiing, snowboarding, touring, tobogganing) carry a risk of injury and damage to property and that risk is reduced but not eliminated by correct binding settings, the use of wrist guards and an approved helmet.
- That you and the people you are hiring equipment for understand, warrant, agree and accept that there are inherent risks of injury involved in using the equipment hired and where such injury occurs you will indemnify and keep indemnified Skye Niseko, YamaSport, their employees, affiliates and agents from all actions, suits, claims for damage and demands for personal injury, loss or damage sustained by you, any person using the rental equipment, or any third (3rd) party.
- That you and the people you are hiring equipment for accept, understand and acknowledge that in the event that property damage or personal injury is suffered by either you, any person using the rental equipment, or any third party arises out of the use of such equipment, it is your responsibility to make good such personal injury, loss or damage without recourse to Skye Niseko, YamaSport, their employees, affiliates and agents.
- That you and the people you are hiring equipment for understand that leaving resort boundaries and entering the Niseko backcountry is a dangerous activity and there is additional risk involved, and that you accept that no liability will be held to Skye Niseko, YamaSport, their employees, affiliates and agents in the event of accident, injury or death.
- When leaving resort boundaries, we strongly advise you to carry, and know how to correctly use, avalanche safety gear including beacon, shovel and probe.
Guests wishing to use the Ski Valet services for your personal equipment, you agree that you accept, understand and acknowledge that in the event that property damage or personal injury is suffered by either you, any person using the equipment, or any third party, it is your responsibility to make good such personal injury, loss or damage without recourse to Skye Niseko, YamaSport, their employees, affiliates and agents.