Winter Season - Ryko Spa Therapist
Start Date: November
Interested in being a part of our team?
A Note on Winter 2020/21
Winter 2020/21 will be unlike any winter we've seen before. Certainly, this will mean challenges but it will mean opportunities too. One of those opportunities might be the chance to ride a much quieter mountain than we typically see, and potentially, the season of a lifetime!
At the moment we are accepting applications for winter seasonal positions. Once we have a better idea of international travel restrictions and business levels, we'll start contacting people and arranging interviews. What we end up offering will depend both on the visa situation in Japan and in your home country.
Best of luck in your application and I hope to see you here for Winter 2020/21!
Elliot Lawes, HR Manager
- Perform massage, body and facial treatments while maintaining the clients comfort at all times.
- Ensure individualized guest service through acknowledging and responding to their needs and expectation.
- Maintain a clean and neat work environment at all times, ensuring all equipment is in safe working order.
- Actively participate in all areas of the Spa operation.
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way.
- Follow department policies and procedures.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies.
Below are some of the things that we would find desirable in your application, though if none of this applies to you, you might still be the right person for us!
- At least 6 months experience in a spa or massage environment.
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong desire to be part of a united team and community.
- Excellent attention to detail, as well as impeccable grooming and presentation.
- Excellent time management skills & ability to adapt & personalize treatments to guest's concerns.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and great problem solving skills.
- Use initiative and proactive and positive attitude to assist team members to ensure operations run smoothly.
- Language skills (English, Japanese, Mandarin and other language skills desirable).
- Ability to take part in the local community, be respected and trusted by community stakeholders
- Fit and strong to withstand a full schedule of appointments in a day.
- November to April, with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent.
Working Hours - based on winter 2019/20, updates for 2020/21 soon!
- Any hours between 1100-2300. Potentially only a few hours in the morning.
- Roster will be made based on hotel occupancy, and we may ask you to work more or less hours and days.
Pay Rate - based on winter 2019/20, updates for 2020/21 soon!
- Competitive and commensurate with experience and Japanese language ability.
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above 40 per week (on average over a 2 week period)
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
Benefits - based on winter 2019/20, updates for 2020/21 soon!
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Singles, twin shares (doubles for couples), triple to hexa shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
- Your own Grand Hirafu season lift pass is available to purchase at a discounted price.
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
- Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Cost Price on Skye Niseko-delivered Services
- Please see our website for more details on what we book, but this could include things like snowmobiling, back country tours, transfers and car rental.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties, GoSnow lessons and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent).
Potential Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Skye Niseko will want you back and we would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).