Interested in being a part of our team?
Start Date: as soon as possible
- Manage and supervise all aspects of the day-to-day operation of the Spa.
- Supervise the Spa Therapists and the treatments provided within the Spa.
- Ensure and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Set a positive example for guest relations.
- Interact with guests in a professional and effective manner.
- Lead a team of therapists showing both responsiveness to business needs as well as empathy for therapists/staff.
- Handle guest problems and complaints.
- Find creative solutions to drive revenue.
- Comprehend budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Manage supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
- Maintain cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
- Understand the impact of department's orientation on the overall property financial goals and objectives and achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Empower employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Strive to improve service performance.
- Ensure that the spa orientation follows SOP guidelines.
- Provide usage reports on therapy services.
- Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationship within employees and ensure employees do the same within the team.
- Regularly review policies and procedures relating to the spa taking action to formulate and propose improvements.
- Assist with recruitment of Spa staff as necessary.
- Ensure that the employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Spa facilities policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all employees adhere to the established standards of hygiene and grooming.
- Language skills (English, Japanese, Mandarin and other language skills desirable).
- Ability to take part in the local community, be respected and trusted by community stakeholders
Below are some of the things that we would find desirable in your application, though if none of this applies to you, you might still be the right person for us!
- Previous experience in management of a 5-star Spa.
- You must also have fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Bachelors Degree in Business and/or Hospitality Management would be an advantage.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Confident Communicator with the ability to build strong relationships with custmers.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Good management, financial and administration skills, including computer literacy.
- Pleasant, presentable and passionate about guest service.
- In depth knowledge of Spa treatments, procedures and operations.
- 16 August 2018 to 16 April 2019, with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent.
- Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week. This is likely to be higher during peak season (including some weeks where you may be required to work 6 days) and a little quieter during the start and end of the season.
- ¥1,800 to ¥2,000 per hour.
- 25% overtime rate for over 80 hours worked in a 2 week pay period.
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Singles, twin shares (doubles for couples), triple to hexa shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Most companies will give their staff access to shared Grand Hirafu passes; these are usually kept at work so it may stop you getting first lifts on powder days. Shared passes also cannot be upgraded to All Mountain passes (unless everyone sharing the pass agrees to it). Working for Skye Niseko means your pass can live in your riding jacket and gives you the opportunity to pay the difference to upgrade to an All Mountain pass.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass you will be offered instead a payment of ¥20,000.
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
- Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Cost Price on Skye Niseko-delivered Services
- Please see our website for more details on what we book, but this could include things like snowmobiling, back country tours, transfers and car rental.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties, GoSnow lessons and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent).
Potential Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Skye Niseko will want you back and we would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).