Winter Season - Front Desk
Start Date: Late November 2022
Below is a brief description of what you would be doing on a day to day basis.
- Handling check-ins and check-outs.
- Handling cash and credit card transactions.
- Reviewing guest accounts to make sure the charges are correct.
- Assisting with general guest and hotel enquiries.
- Answering both in-house and outside calls.
- Directing requests and issues to other departments within the hotel and back office for smooth daily operations.
- Responding to email enquiries.
- Checking guest details to ensure a seamless stay.
- Handling private onsen booking requests.
- Assisting Concierge, Bellman, Driver, and Ski Valet and other hotel duties when necessary.
- Passionate about hospitality service.
- Previous hospitality experience is a plus.
- Professional attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- English is a must, and ability to speak a second language (especially Japanese, Mandarin or Cantonese) is a plus.
- ¥1,400 - ¥1,500 per hour
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above prescribed working hours for the month.
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Mid-November to late March. Exact dates to be announced closer to the season.
- We start our staff with training to give you all you need to know about working for Skye Niseko.
- Potential to extend contract, availability of work dependent.
- Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week
- This is likely to be higher during peak season (including some weeks where you may be required to work 6 days) and a little quieter during the start and ends of the season.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Opportunity to upgrade to an All Mountain season lift pass at a reduced rate.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass, you will be offered a bonus payment of ¥20,000.
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Singles, twin shares (doubles for couples) and quad shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at Niseko Central, Ki Niseko and Skye Niseko and also all HTM services including Kumo Restaurant, An Dining, GoSnow lessons, YamaSport rentals and Ryko and Ki Spa.
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent).
Potential Visa Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, we will want you back and can potentially sponsor a working visa for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).