Winter Season - Front Desk Supervisor
Start Date: Mid-November 2022
Below is a brief description of what you would be doing on a day to day basis.
- Perform the role of Duty Manager and oversee the delivery of daily Front Desk operations for the shift.
- Review Guest accounts to make sure the charges are correct and resolve any issues.
- Assist the Front Desk Manager with training and coaching Front Desk, Bell and Shuttle Driver staff.
- Ensure Front Desk, Bell and Shuttle Driver staff are meeting the dress and presentation standards on shift.
- Respond to issues raised by Guests and find appropriate solutions.
- Liaise with the Housekeeping Manager and Supervisors on duty to ensure smooth housekeeping experiences for the Guests.
- Reconcile cash floats and daily transactions.
- Complete the Duty Manager checklist for the shift.
- Assisting with other areas in the hotel as required.
- Passionate about hospitality service.
- Previous hospitality supervisory experience is a plus.
- Professional attitude.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- English is a must, and ability to speak a second language (especially Japanese, Mandarin or Cantonese) is a plus.
- ¥1,600 - ¥1,700 per hour
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above prescribed working hours for the month.
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Mid-November to late March. Exact dates to be announced closer to the season.
- We start our staff with training to give you all you need to know about working for Skye Niseko.
- Potential to extend contract, availability of work dependent.
- Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week
- This is likely to be higher during peak season (including some weeks where you may be required to work 6 days) and a little quieter during the start and ends of the season.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Opportunity to upgrade to an All Mountain season lift pass at a reduced rate.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass, you will be offered a bonus payment of ¥20,000.
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Singles, twin shares (doubles for couples) and quad shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at Niseko Central, Ki Niseko and Skye Niseko and also all HTM services including Kumo Restaurant, An Dining, GoSnow lessons, YamaSport rentals and Ryko and Ki Spa.
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent).
Potential Visa Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, we will want you back and can potentially sponsor a working visa for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).