Winter Season - Night Audit
Start Date: November 2020
Interested in being a part of our team?
A Note on Winter 2020/21
Winter 2020/21 will be unlike any winter we've seen before. Certainly, this will mean challenges but it will mean opportunities too. One of those opportunities might be the chance to ride a much quieter mountain than we typically see, and potentially, the season of a lifetime!
At the moment we are accepting applications for winter seasonal positions. Once we have a better idea of international travel restrictions and business levels, we'll start contacting people and arranging interviews. What we end up offering will depend both on the visa situation in Japan and in your home country.
Best of luck in your application and I hope to see you here for Winter 2020/21!
Elliot Lawes, HR Manager
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide exceptional customer service and exceed guest expectations
- Handling check-in and check-out.
- Handling cash and credit card transactions.
- Reviewing departures to make sure the guest account charges are correct.
- Reviewing arrivals and control the room assignments, and prepare for guest requests.
- Rolling over the date in Property Management System.
- Preparing necessary daily reports.
- Assisting with guest enquiries.
- Answering phone calls, in-house calls and external calls.
- Responding to emails.
- Communicating with morning staff for any hand over.
- Responding to emergency situations and contacting Manager on Duty.
- Passionate about hospitality and service
- Bilingual (Japanese and English)
- Previous hospitality experience is a plus
- Professional attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Valid Japanese driving licence or International Driving Permit
- November to April, with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent.
- Around 40 hours per week.
- Roster will be made based on hotel occupancy, and we may ask you to work more or less hours and days.
Pay Rate - based on winter 2019/20, updates for 2020/21 soon!
- Competitive and commensurate with experience and Japanese language ability.
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above 40 per week (on average over a 2 week period)
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Singles, twin shares (doubles for couples), triple to hexa shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
- Your own Grand Hirafu season lift pass is available to purchase at a discounted price.
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
- Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Cost Price on Skye Niseko-delivered Services
- Please see our website for more details on what we book, but this could include things like snowmobiling, back country tours, transfers and car rental.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties, GoSnow lessons and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent).
Potential Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Skye Niseko will want you back and we would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).