Enjoy a whole mountain to yourself and forget lift queues and crowds with a full day tour of Mount Weisshorn.
The 1,048 meter high Weisshorn, located 2km to the Northeast of Hanazono, is available only to Weiss Cat Ski guests. It is the ultimate private powder playground, with guest numbers limited to 12 per day. Groups are joined by a guide to give advice on the best spots on the mountain and ensure your safety throughout the day.
Guests on average complete between 5 to 8 runs per tour. The steepest run is 30 degrees and the average is 20 degrees. The maximum vertical decent is 450 meters. The PistenBully CAT has a specially-made cabin, keeping you warm during the ride up.
- Pick-up from Skye Niseko and transportation to Weiss Horn
- Lunch included
- Snacks and water provided in the CAT cabin
- Complimentary photos of the day's action (free to download online)
- Safety gear (backpack, probe, shovel and beacon)
The day begins with a pick up from Skye Niseko at around 750am to 8am. Actual pick up time will be confirmed at the time of booking.
¥50,000 per guest
- Limited to 12 seats per day. Please note that a minimum of 7 guest is required for the tour to run.
- In the event that a tour must be cancelled due to insufficient numbers, guests may opt to reschedule or receive a refund.
- Tours will be confirmed by 20:30 the day prior, to allow sufficient time to fill any remaining seats.
¥480,000 per CAT (up to 12 people)
- For the Group Tour, participants must be at Off Piste Level 3 or above, and declare their ability level upon booking.
- For the Private Tour, participants must be at Off Piste Level 1 or above, and declare their ability level upon booking.
- Participants must be 10 years or older and meet the minimum ability level.
- Participants between 10 and 16 years old must be accompanied by a responsible parent or guardian.
- It is strongly recommended that guests come to the tour prepared with powder skis or a powder snowboard that is suitable for the snow conditions.
|Off Piste Level||Ability Level||Off Piste Experience|
|1||You can confidently make parallel turns on red runs and groomed black runs. You have never been off piste before, or if you have, you have tried a few tentative turns on the edge.||0 days experience off-piste deep powder and trees|
|2||Confident on black slopes and heading off-piste. In good snow you can link turns together. On steeper sections or in difficult snow, you make wider turns. Not familiar with riding in deep snow without a base.||1–10 days experience off-piste deep powder and trees|
|3||Confidently make several turns in good powder snow. In difficult conditions, such as heavy wet snow, poor visibility and ice, you have less confidence.||11–20 days experience off-piste deep powder and trees|
|4||Strong off piste skier/rider and whilst you may find it challenging, you can cope in all snow types and conditions. You are starting to ski/ride faster and more confident in tighter situations such as the trees.||20+ days experience off-piste deep powder and trees|
|5||You are extremely capable in any type of snow conditions including crust and ice and equally as comfortable in low-zero visibility conditions. You ski/ride fast and confidently through the trees. You are unfazed by steep slopes.||More than 1 full season experience off-piste deep powder and trees|
- This is an exclusive booking service to Skye Niseko accommodation guests.
- Bookings must be made at least 4 days in advance.
- Tours may be suspended if it is decided that the guests' safety cannot be ensured due to inclement weather and/or unfavourable snow conditions.
- If the tour is suspended before the first lift has been ridden, the tour will be rescheduled to the next available day.
- When suspension of a tour is made within the first half of the tour, 40% of the tour fee will be refunded.
- When suspension of a tour is made within the second half of the tour, the tour fee will not be refunded.
- Guests must call 0136-21-6688 by 15:00 the day before their tour to confirm the pick up time and any dietary requirements.
- Cancellation 15 days or less prior to the service start date will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- Cancellation fees apply to amendments that reduce the overall value of the booking, and no shows.